Sports

Thursday, April 9, 2009

How do I stop hyper extending my elbow when I jab/right cross?

Every time I go to jab/right cross, I hyper extend my elbow. Is there anything I can do to prevent this, and jab/right cross normally?





Thanks in advance.



Break down the jabbing/crossing movements into slow motion to practice the proper form. Then as you learn the so-called "muscle memory", do it a little faster, keeping good form. Keep it up until you reach punching speed again.




You want to snap out your punches not reach as far as you can, make suer when you are hitting the bag or doing mitt training to not be on the limit of your reach, that is how a lot of guys end up with elbow problems from snapping their punches at the limit of their reach.




When you jab and right cross, you don't have to pull your arm back. Keep your arm loose and just Throw it away. Your arm will automatically come back. if you keep your arms loose there should be no problems.




Follow through with your punch. Put some weight into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sports